Friday, October 24, 2008
Subject: What if?
For most of my life, I've always made a decision based on the popular question: what if? Usually, whichever answer suits me better, I usually go for it. But lately, instead of asking myself the question towards future decisions, I've been asking myself the same question about things that have happened to me in the past. Things like: what if my mom and dad never got divorced? What if we never moved from Atlanta? What if mommy never broke up with Wayne? What if the car accident never happened? What if Andy never went into the Navy? What if Drew and I actually lived closer to each other? What if he had never met Jes? What if he had actually moved to Colorado instead of going into the army? What if I had never gone to WF? What if I had never had AOL? What if I had never started RPing (to know why these questions are relevant, you'll have to ask ;) )?

There are about a million other questions that I could ask myself and dwell on, but this actually brings me to the point of my post: what if I actually got an answer to all of these questions? What would happen if, like in Sabrina the Teenage Witch, we were each given a glass ball that allowed us to ask the "what if" questions? How would my life be? Would I like what I see in the glass ball and hate how my life is going now, or would I hate what happens in the glass ball and love how my life is going now?

The thing about dwelling on the past is, is that you can never be sure of the correct answer. Things might've happened a certain way that you disagree with, but you can't change it. I've learned this soooooo much in just the past year. Every choice you make will usually affect a choice you'll later make, so you HAVE TO MAKE SURE you make the right one at the time. :/ I know this paragraph seems a bit preachy, but meh. I'm 20. I've lived two decades. I know a thing or two about life. Probably not as much as my mom or my grandparents, but enough to know that you honestly need to pay attention to the choices and decisions you make.

I mean, would you rather do that, or dwell in your room for the rest of your life running the "what if" questions through your head?

1 Comments:

Blogger The Liztress said...
First off, hey Miss Kattttttttttttt!

And you know, I've done the same thing with wondering about all the "What ifs" myself. I think while it is cool to wonder how things could have been, it's also important to make sure to treasure the good things that did happen and learn from the bad things. I have wondered what if my mom didn't pass away when she did, if I would still be in Florida and would I have had my kids? I think I would be still in Florida but even now, I couldn't imagine life without Matt and Tyler. Or Wesley, of course. lol Anyway, if you never went to WF I wouldn't have gotten to meet you and that would suck. <33333333333333333333333333


About Me

These silly about me's really shouldn't be expressed more so on a blogger. They belong on a Myspace where the community doesn't get to dive into the mind of the person's page that they are looking at. Why put an about me on a blogger? You'll read more about the person soon enough, if you care that much about reading what they have to say. If not, then you honestly had no intention of reading their about me section anyway.

Archive

October 2008 l November 2008 l December 2008 l January 2009 l March 2009 l April 2009 l August 2009 l

Friends

None yet. ;-;



Music



Youtube

Because I was nice, I measured it all out for you (: Youtube vids here should be 219 pixels in width and 184 pixels in height.

Links

WireForums
My dA
My myspace
FallenKnightsRefuge Station AniManga


Counter

Free Hit Counters
Website Hit Counters

Design

Coding and Graphic Design by salcha4u.
However, brush credits DO NOT go to me.